Five Reasons Why I Love Ring
Affordable comprehensive security. Five reasons why I love Ring.
ADT, SimpliSafe, and Arlo are all examples of home security systems. I’ve worked with all of them. There are certainly pros and cons between them but the standout offering is from Ring. You may recognize Ring as the video doorbell that many people have installed at their front door. Ring now offers a wide array of security devices as well as the most affordable monitoring on the market.
Here are 5 reasons why I love Ring.
- The Ring Video Doorbell is the first and still the best product of its type. You can choose the inexpensive model at $100, the middle of the road model at $189 or the top of the line model at $259. They all work great and if you’re willing to spend a little more you can get better motion detection, video quality and a more pleasing aesthetic and smaller size.
- While companies like ADT offer the widest range of devices including entry sensors, water, smoke and gas sensors, cameras, etc. they also have the highest monitoring costs upwards of $40 to $80 monthly and they usually won’t let you sign up without a multi-year contract. Everyone in the business knows that the money is in the monitoring. Most companies will break even or even lose money on the equipment if they can get you obligated to a long-term monitoring contract. This is where Ring is better. Monthly monitoring with Ring is just $9.99 and you don’t have to commit to a contract. If you do purchase at least one year of monitoring in advance the monthly cost goes down to $7.99. In my experience Ring offers enough device options and when combined with the drastic difference in monthly monitoring costs, it becomes a no-brainer.
- Ring offers entry sensors, cameras, motion-activated lighting, motion sensors, smoke and gas sensors and they’re always expanding their device lineup. A ring system can also be completely modular. This means that you can purchase and use as many or as few of their devices as you’d like. Want to only have entry sensors and an alarm siren and keypad? No problem. Want to have a comprehensive security system with motion-activated lighting and video recording? No problem. With Ring, you’re not obligated to buy certain equipment just to have a security system.
- All Ring devices and monitoring services can be easily managed from the Ring app on your smartphone or tablet or through the web interface on your computer. Every device is fully customizable via the app. Individual devices can be customized down to when they come on and off and how they interact with the security system as a whole. And best of all your system can be armed and disarmed from anywhere on the planet so long as you’re connected to the Internet.
- And finally, Ring is an Amazon product, which means that it’s high quality, affordable and easy to use. If there is ever a problem with the devices or monitoring Amazon is easy to get a hold of and always willing to provide technical support or replace defective devices.